Thursday, August 24, 2006

*Now* will it work?

The aforementioned loot pictures...

Isn't it wonderful?? Lessee here, we have on the top row, starting from the left, two skeins Lorna's Laces Sock in Camouflage, two skeins Lorna's Laces Sock in Tuscany, Mountain Colors Bearfoot in ??(can't remember...I want to say Wild Cherry, or something like that), Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Obsidian, six beautiful skeins Socks That Rock (scroll down for color names), Koigu KPPPM (dunno the color, but it's purty...looks like clouds on a summer day), Koigu KPM (again, dunno the color...bright red, though, and not as brick-like as I'd thought. Oh well.), and my first skein of Opal, color unknown. Bottom row, from left, begins with some gorgeous Claudia's Hand Paints in Chocolate Covered Cherry, six skeins Malabrigo in Olive (sweater for meeeee!!), two honkin huge skeins of a squishysoft 100% alpaca 3ply that's being swatched up & blocked (sweater for my ma, who hopefully never reads this blog), three skeins Noro Kureyon, rather unfortunately purchased *before* I saw the sale table at Webs, selling the exact same thing for three bucks less per skein, and one skein Transitions by Noro. The Kureyon is already on the needles, working towards becoming a Booga Bag, and the Transitions will sooner or later become a scarf. Isn't this just the most gawjus stuff EVER?? Here we have the much-coveted Socks that Rock, in colorways Fred Flinstone, Lagoon, Ruby Slippers, Highway 30, Metamorphosis, and Terra somethingerother. Soooo pretty! Honestly, the Highway 30 is incredibly pink for me (really, when was the last time you saw something pink on this blog?), but it's just so pretty, I couldn't leave it behind. Besides, maybe it can become socks for someone else for Christmas or something. Or maybe I'll just pet it a lot. I'm such a sock ho.

And, because I am so very much in love with my sock yarn collection, I pulled the whole darn thing out & rearranged it several times, just for fun. I do have a picture of the whole beautimous thing, but of course, it refuses to post. Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness that is a TON of seriously yummy yarn!

Anonymous said...

I've been checking every day to see if you had any pictures up yet. So I guess you won't mind if there's some sock yarn in your Favorite Colorswap package? You'll just have to wait and see....

Heather said...

Thanks, Lynn! Seriously, I highly recommend getting to a Stitches near you someday. There's an East, Midwest, and West Stitches, evenly spaced throughout the year, and hooooo boy, is it worth the drive!!

Aw, SP, just twist my arm, why don'tcha! ;-) Heavens, I can't imagine *what* could have given you the idea to put sock yarn in there...I simply couldn't care less about sock yarn... Bwahahaha!! Omg, I'd be THRILLED to find some sock yarn!! :-D Honestly, I'm just looney over the stuff. My only complaint is that I don't knit fast enough. I want to knit it all up NOW, but I'm slow, and that aggravates the heck outta me! However, it's a good excuse to practice on more socks, in an effort to improve my time & all. Heh.

Kerry said...

I'm SO jealous! What an amazing time you must have had. I seriously need to do some shopping now. Thanks for the motivation. LOL