Saturday, July 01, 2006

Flash Your Sock Stash!

Oooh baby...

First off, we have some Regia 4 Ply, can't remember the name of the color...Patch Antik or something like that. Next to it is a skein of that weird Austermann Step, the yarn "mit Jojoba und Aloe" built in to soften your hands as you knit. I'm really curious to try it out, but I'm waiting until winter, when my hands will benefit the most. Next to that is another skein of Regia 4 Ply, again in a color I can't remember, and yet another of same, in yet another nameless color. I'm not *usually* quite so brainless, I swear! Below those, we have four skeins of KnitPicks Sock Garden in the Hollyberry colorway, and two skeins of Ruby Red Wildfoote. Here we have two skeins of KnitPicks Essentials in Cocoa, two in Fawn, and three skeins of Nature Spun to make two pairs of socks with contrasting heels and toes (or at least I will, as soon as I figure out how). Below those, there's two skeins of KP Dancing Two Step (to be sockies for my Ma), two skeins of KP Parade Forest, and two more skeins Regia 4 Ply...I believe it's called Sand. Or something like that. Now we begin to get into the really pretty stuff, the prized bits of my collection...the handpaints. Lordy, how I do love the handpaints! First up are two skeins of KP Landscapes in Cape Cod (a very Eddie Bauer colorway, imo), two Landscapes in Mesa, which I think is just purty (and I've got a third skein just waiting to become fingerless mitts, too...how very matchy-poo of me), two skeins of Koigu in God only knows what colorway (but it's purty!), and two lovely skeins of Lorna's Laces in Blackwatch. The first two skeins are from my much-adored SP8! They're the incredibly soft Sheldridge Farms yarn, and I'm (again) not sure of the colorway name. I call 'em Atlantic Tide Pool, but that's jus' me. Next is Lorna's Laces Gold Hill...not my usual color scheme, but I love it anyway, and am pleased to try something new. Beyond that, I have four skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Possum, which has been discontinued, which is a bummer, because it's really quite soft & nice, if a bit hairy. It grosses the living heck out of my mother, who thinks all possums are like American possums, and wants to whack 'em with a shovel just on principle. Here we have some loooovely Mountain Colors Bearfoot, Rosehip on the top, and Sierra underneath it. Aren't they gorgeous?? Below that is my one lonely little skein of Socks That Rock, colorway Sapphire. My STR definitely needs some friends, don't you think? I'm really looking forward to finding some new friends for it at Stitches this August. Specifically, Sapphire's good buddies Emerald City & Ruby, among many, many others. Heh. Below Sapphire is Cherry Tree Hill Potluck Blues/Purples. It's a lot more purple in real life, but I love it anyway. Below that is Fleece Artist nameless pretty blue sock yarn. It even comes with a pattern on the band...how cool is that? In the second column, we have three random skeins of Cascade Fixation. I'm not sure if I'll actually make socks out of this. I originally bought it to make a Ben & Jerry's cozy for my mom, and maybe a couple others (I believe I got it all on sale). The stretchyness really threw me off...maybe I'll try to make socks out of it later, when I'm a bit more skilled. Below the Fixation lies my sock-yarn-that-shall-become-fingerless-mitts stash...KP Garden Daffodil, KP Garden Hollyberry (Christmas mitts!! heehee), KP Sock Memories Fly Fishing, and KP Landscape New England Foliage. The last one isn't a favorite of mine, so feel free to offer a trade, folks.

There are, in fact, two more pictures yet to post. They refuse to post here, however, so we'll have to try again in a *new* post. Ask me how I feel about this non-posting of the pictures, I dare you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cr*pamolie, girl! That is some sock yarn stash. I am VERY impressed and need to do some shopping!!
SP8

Kerrie said...

My gosh woman, where do you KEEP all that?
Hope the only funk you're feeling now is the groovy sort!
And hey, give me a call or answer my emails one of these days. ;-)