Saturday, June 03, 2006

Yay, SP8!!

Okay, so I meant to post this last week, but blogger has been giving me fits, so things have been moving slowly on the computer front. Last week, I found the most gorgeous postcard in my mailbox, from my AWESOME Evil Secret Pal! It had huge hanks of handdyed yarn on the front, with lilacs tucked in amongst the strands. I'm beginning to think that my secret pal is psychic...lilacs are far & away my favorite flower! She's quite a tease, too, and for good reason. Yesterday, I got a box in the mail from a nameless sender. Heh. Everything in it was beautifully wrapped in bright, cheery summery colors, and I'm sorry to say that I didn't think to take any pictures before I tore into it. I literally squealed out loud, which if you know me, is quite a thing...I am *not* the squeal-y type. My wonderful secret pal sent me Sensational Knitted Socks, by Charlotte Schurch, which I have been coveting forEVER!! I am SO excited about this book!! (I even called my mom to squee about it, and now she thinks I'm insane...she doesn't get the joys of a book about socks. But geez, it's got detailed instructions for working TONS of gorgeous socks & stitch patterns on 4 dpns, 5 dpns, AND 2 circulars!! I mean, GEEZ!! How cool is that!) Not only did I receive this cooler'n hell book, but she also sent stitch markers, a needle & hook gauge card, AND the most gorgeous handpainted sock yarn from Shelridge Farm! It's in beautiful shades of blue, and makes me think of Atlantic tide pools. I can't wait to see how it knits up! It's incredibly soft, too, which is always appreciated. My Secret Pal rocks!!! Honestly, anyone who can make *me* squeal out loud, thus freaking the heck outta my cat, is awesome. Thanks, Secret Pal! (Sorry for the weird quality of the picture...it's the best natural light I could get, but there's shadows from the sliding glass door & balcony railing...oy.)

Crazy Kitty sez this yarn belongs to her. (No, I didn't pose the cat...she did that by herself, and frankly, I couldn't pose this cat if I tried.)

1 comment:

Cindiluhu (Freezebabee) said...

You are a lucky girl. I'm waiting for my secret pal package. I'm being very patient, honest I am!